Ideally located, Saint-Lary exudes the magic of the mythical passes that surround it and allows you to access priceless treasures.
The lakes of the Néouvielle nature reserve and the Pyrenees National Park are indeed magical playgrounds where you can undertake sporting activities surrounded by nature at your own tempo. The village is an ideal base camp for a "cycle" holiday that combines sport and an authentic mountain experience.
Go on the assault of the Pyrenean passes and enjoy magnificent landscapes! 6 days / 7 nights in an apartment or studio in a residence with secure shared bike storage. Take advantage of this offer now for stays between 02/06/2018 and 12/09/2018.
Lætitia will answer all your questions and help you to organize your cycling holiday. Contact her from Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 12.00 and from 14.00 to 18.00 on 0033 (0)562 395381.
Accommodations equipped for cycle tourists
Garage or Bike store
- Hôtel Les Arches
- Hôtel Mercure
- Hôtel Mir
- Hôtel Neste de Jade
- Hôtel Pons
Cycling at high altitude is an exercise that requires preparation. From 1500 metres and above, you may experience headaches, shortness of breath, even dizziness. This is due to a reduced oxygen supply.
However, the body becomes accustomed and improves in a few days as it acclimatises to altitude. Remember to take a backpack containing the necessary safety equipment, including a bottle of water to hydrate regularly.
Most mountain passes are open from 1st May. To check, take a look at our traffic information on the website Infoway 65.
To climb the Col du Portet, you need a bike in good condition with good tire pressure. The road bike is ideal, as the last kilometres of road will be finalized and paved at the end of June 2018. Be sure to check your brakes and fixing the wheels. Wearing a helmet is also recommended to prevent serious injury in the event of an accident.
In the event of an accident, it is essential to secure the accident site. Next, alert rescue services by providing the location accurately. Cover the injured person, do not move them or give them anything to drink.
Important numbers to know in case of emergency
General emergency: 112
Emergency Doctor (SAMU): 15
Fire brigade: 18
Some rules safety
- trafic laws applies for all in any case
- wearing Helmet is recommended
- Be sure that you are visible at night and crossing tunnels
- Moderate your speed and don't cut the road turn while the descent.
- Respect nature don't throw away your waste
- Use bike path
- all vehicles that accompany you must not travel atthe same speed than you.
Before leaving :
- prepare your exit
- inquire about any work in progress
- find out about weather changes ...
When riding in a group :
- cyclists must never ride more than two abreast on the roadway
- avoid driving on the opposite lane
- keep enough distance with the bike ahead to allow an emergency stop safely
- drive in single file as soon as traffic conditions require.